1. When i asked him what his name was he told ‘Vishaal.’
2. Later someone told it was Vicky.
3. Today as he was playing in library with me his father came looking for him calling him by name ‘Vikas.’ He asked him to take lunch but he had had good breakfast.
4. He doesn’t know ABCD or Hindi alphabet. Has two elder sisters, grandparents and father but lost his mother and yet when i asked him about his family: “They all died,” he answered nonchalantly. As i sat composing this post he requested me to pluck a green Bel fruit from tree. I once plucked some mangoes in 2018: it was to help them sell fruits. This one was to help feed the young kid who was hungry. The fruit wasn’t ripe. It took plenty of work to crack it open.
5. His mother died while giving birth to his younger brother. I played Gulzar’s song ‘Do naina aur ek kahani..’ as we sat in the field.
6. As i reached Deendayal rasoi they pointed my attention towards the kid who was playing with a brick block. I had hot rotis and cold potato curry. Day twentieth over.
7. The only job i got online in the last eight years was actually from Moonlight Medical, a USA based company which needed extraction of emails. I tried but since doctors don’t want to be seen and Moonlight Medical is well hidden i gave up trying. They haven’t allowed users from India any access to their site and yet they outsource work to India for cheap labour. China, India and USA are mass factories. Cheap labour. I got 100 rupees on Paytm. Actually 112 as it was an experiment. What’s it? 1.5 dollars.
8. Registered 12 books. The almirah number 10 completed yesterday. Some insecticide was also put to protect books from fungi and vermins. Discussed about old records of Gandhi Smarak Nidhi: some veterans and inflation in currency in last 50 years. This morning i spotted some error in almirah 9 rack number 3rd.
9. The price he quoted for using hall for three hours was 1200 rupees. I stayed merely to facilitate his hearing and became party to a conversation which seemed half concocted to tell me what i had access to plus passing from the street where DM’s vehicle was parked. Truth realm.