Here’s why? Midrash Madras Rash midriff rifrrraff far-off Foofaraw aww Rastafaria aria Ria rialta altar tarraplain Terra firma Burma marmalade Crickets chirp some bark Quarks dance around quasars Rash driving ashes to ashes Dust to dust in August gusto story
I had no idea of coup-de-tete in Burma when I published this verse about a day ago. I read about it in news this morning. It’s similar to mentioning Catherine in a verse when the next day Sandeept talked about her being an admin. Though eventually the suspense was resolved in the latter case after some emails.
1. As I was walking towards East on tractor tracks in the field where mustard plants were sleeping silently, I felt heavy.
2. I had decided to sit on a chair for a while after having spent some time collecting excreta of dogs and Lallu Waali Tambakoo wrappers.
3. A 🐦 birdie was perched on an electric wire and the Sun devoid of warmth was looking silently. It was an exquisite sight.
4. On my first walk it seemed normal. I observed the sickled pigeon pea plants. They were killed by hired guns. This is known as reaping. Astheyhadsownsotheywerereaping. Goes the saying. Says the going. They were grim. They chatted and laughed and enjoyed as they killed them one after another. Necessary evil.
5. Even I have been killing grass plants all my life to maintain this body. Here I was killing some more grass and insects rapidly to create granary. But no animals were harmed so far.
6. I put my empty water bottle besides chair and walked barehand. I felt heaviness. There was a big black cobra once. I spotted it as I began walking towards East. It was killed the next day by the person who used to live in that hut. It was about 2.5 years ago. At the same spot.
7. As I decided to throw the peeled grass by them. I heard them chit-chat. Muting the music I paid attention:
“Don’t kill it…” some said.
“Kill it…why let it suffer with insects hurting it…” said the other women.
“Oh it’s big…it might be dangerous…”
I looked at it: sidewinding. I had learned that word from Susan. She used to host TheCouchForum. I joined the forum in 2008. I was second most active user on that forum to not let her be the second. The forum somehow attracted trolls and hackers and it was difficult for her to manage it She was also active but I could have been first.
Sidewindinglunacy was her tagline for a while. Like supermassiveblackhole.
The snake was barely the size of a tapeworm. It had come under the hoe wielded by the man scrapping the grass. An accidental death. He killed it out of their collective mercy as I walked towards North to pick a plastic pan and began throwing away the scrapped grass peels.
8. Plenty of acid formation as the gram pulse breaks. The sleep eluded me for a while before I decided to put my ideas in the form of this narrative.
9. It was Sarpa Yoni, Devta Ganas as per sidereal zodiac today. Moon was in Gemini and Mars was the ruler of the constellation quarter.
1. I see a notification by the person who left to meet his mother this evening now. I was thinking about his help in buying an earphone. It has only been a few days–the right side of earphone became dysfunctional. First, the white bud dropped. I managed by replacing it with a black one-then the right side is gone. I am compelled to move. It’s a pattern. Seems machinated.
2. I saluted Mrs. Sahu who was working in the cowshed. She was on leave for two days because of Makar Sankranti. As I walked out of the premise: a new board was being installed. They were also leaving. The cook commented on the slipper of Mrs. Sahu. Dr. Mukul Sahu has taken over. A surgeon. I reach the earphone shop. I pay fifty rupees. The shopkeeper is chatting with the guy who is Mr. Sahu. I would have omitted it as a mere coincidence if it was only three Sahus. No. I read newspaper in library. Chhatarpur Bhaskar: one Deepak Sahu was killed in an accident. However, it doesn’t end there. Mandakini Sahu, a high school student, was selected by sub divisional magistrate along with another student during employment fair for being inducted into operations. Five of Sahus.
3. The other student is named Disha Jain. Her picture was there on a billboard for many months. She was a top scorer. It was only a coincidence that during my brief stint in the school which didn’t pay my salary: I took an English class. She had a good handwriting. Upright. She was disciplined. Bespectacled. Two of those would act like officers for a day. Good for them. And for the officer.
4. The last picture I took was the one liked by the person on instagram which has been mentioned in the point number one. The second last was Moon. It was crescent but I captured its optical illusion of roundness. Spectacular.
5. A jeep was waiting for someone as I was walking briskly towards this house. ‘Mayank’ was written on the back. The guy with the name has relatives living in the house where it stopped by overtaking me just when it reached the house of Mayank Shrivastava. Plenty of dirty water outside. Mayank means: with number. Days of Moon are numbered. Hence the name. Three moons. I recalled Bhagvata Purana opening verse: all Maya is illusory like delusional couple of moons as mirrored in me by me for me by my potency. And i recalled that gleaming headlight on the bike of a police officer earlier in the day: almost at the same place where the jeep was waiting for someone.
1. Sandra aka Shine Ferrer specifically told me about her verses and asked my opinion on them.
2. She had accidentally lost all her oeuvre on July 17, 2017.
3. July 17 is the birthday of Izza Ifzaal, the first poetess who first followed me and then somehow reflected/mirrored my interactions with Kristina Van Hoose, the classmate in the August class which became ‘the reason’ behind the creation of this very forum.What are the odds?
4. Izza Ifzaal: Network Engineer. Followed me first.
5. Aakriti Kuntal: Network Engineer. Was introduced by Sandra.
6. When I first discussed verses of Kuntal with Sandra it seemed ‘the reason’ had plagiarized her. Now she says: they’re acquainted. Acquainted people influence each other. Sure. I am not accusing you nor saying that Kuntal programmed my mind in the crystal palace.
7. I had reached a closure. I have forgiven all including myself. To delve into mysteries is human nature.
8. I own my words, verses, images, observations: even if they include names of living persons who are contemporaries. I am the inventor of Tohu verse form.
The sheets of cloud Don’t ring loud They were all created by me For you It’s true Through and through Rough and tough Thick and thin Kith and kin Myth and din Alpha Omega theta Beta gamma zeta Catherine and Reta They were all created by me For you Oh darling in Darlington On onions […]