1. There are beautiful cotton clouds in the sky. 2. As I cleansed the rack before I sat to register books this noon, i decided to burn the garbage. The wife of the trustee came asking if I was burning new papers regularly. I told her they were old papers. While she’s adept at lying […]The Day!
1. Registered 5 titles in library as I was watching the rehearsal of Tender For Taj Mahal, a play written by Ajay Shukla.
2. Came across a book on Tamil culture and literature by Avadhnandan. The peculiar stories about Nayanmars were intriguing. I read these stories shrouded in mystery of devotional epic miracles which can be neither verified nor denied. Telangana, Telugu and Trilanga are all synonyms of Trilinga or three Lingas. One mystic known as the Walking Shiva of Benaras was Avadhoot Trailanga Swami. Shiv and Rudra were separate entities in the beginning. Shiv being of Tamil origin and Rudra being Aryan in origin.
3. Took a class and walked at the Sunset. Had water balls. Took some pictures and went to see a kitchen garden which had Supermulching arrangement with extra space between flower beds which was stuffed with lemon grass plants.
Here are some pictures:
1. Registered some titles in the library. Came across a book which compared works of Narsi Mehta with those of the Soordaas.
They were both Vaishnava poets. Narsi Mehta emphasized company of saints over the vision of the supreme personality of Godhead whereas Soordas sang songs about divine pastimes.
3. Helped collect dried pigeon pea plants which are to be thrashed. It took 40 minutes. Another 30 minutes were spent helping to put furniture made with wood of Neem tree.
4. Paul H scored well today. At the moment of publishing this post I tied with him on being topmost player in winning teams this week. In one of the jams I scored better than both Paul and PC today morning.
1. Played 15 vocabulary jams with following scores:
535, 750, 405, 750, 535, 445, 720, 735, 710, 730, 780, 270, 675, 790
3. PC and Stephen come from USA(Massachusetts) and Japan respectively.
4. Tasted Mexican Turnip/yam which is also called Mishri kand. The host of the meeting are storytellers, artists, visionary and facilitators: Soulify.org.in
5. You don’t have the time to search that address and I don’t have inclination to link it properly.
6. Read a small booklet ‘Khushi Ki Talaash,’ suggested some corrections.
7. I asked her the meaning of ‘Theatre of Relevance,’ she gave me the suggestion to google for it.
8. Sweeped library floor yesterday evening.
9. Issued an encyclopaedia in Hindi to Advait who wants to become a pilot. After showing him all of them and some story books : he chose one on ‘Bijalee’ which means ‘Electricity.’
10. No matter how much you try to fit in you never belong. You stop trying and the instinct plays with itself.
11. Scrapped grass and threw it away.
12. Collecting, uploading and downloading the pigeon pea plants that were cut was a job which took more than two hours yesterday.
13. Kingfishers were playing and perching down to pick grains.
14. Pigs entered the fields and started eating up crops of grams.
15. Searching for titles and giving them to the person concerned took some time. Issued three books for four days.
16. Registered some titles yesterday. Extra caution is required against termites.
1. Played 5 vocabulary jams on vocabulary.com this evening. Wanted to play more but there were more pressing issues at hand. Defying my estimates PC scored 960 in the very first. It was my second jam. I consistently got second rank thence.
2. In the first jam I scored 810 and got first rank. My scores:
810, 850, 840, 590, 455
3. In the jam i scored 590, PC scored even lesser. Highest score was by one player with roman numerals xiv at the end.
4. Couldn’t register any books in the library today though new tubelight has been fit by a regular visitor who also happens to be an electrician. He had borrowed twenty rupees two days ago. He appeared after two days and gave me two ten rupees coins.
5. Had to spend a whopping 3.5 hours for dispatching a courier for a relative of an acquaintance. First i tried creating a scan of a doc, then it needed to be converted into PDF, finally it needed the two PDF files to be merged into one and then sent via whatsapp. Even writing address on envelope needed to be repeated! The guy was driving his bike like a madman. Said he missed saluting a cousin sister while he almost bumped into a bike as we were crossing the road!
6. Burnt garbage after collecting it. The fudge remains fudge. I return to same conclusions without any change whatsoever. Despite deepest of my most profound realizations. Not even a fraction of it can be put in words for anyone else. Not any of it matters.
7. No scrapping of grass today.
1. This strange being of granary had mustard plants, carrot grass, doorva and other weeds on its cheeks. Three of us have been acting like motor force behind the cogs of a giant trimmer. It has consumed our three days of work. The shaved face would be a beauty. It’s still a patchwork.
2. A dog wagging its tail. Three of these run. Litter of puppies following. The target wags tail faster to tell it’s friendly. The lead kisses the target and looks for further details. Crude verse follows.
3. The ancestors of canine entertainers howl together. It’s a catcall. It’s a highwall. There were patriotic songs before with DJ as many protestors have gathered at carrefour.
4. I took 1 hour 15 minutes to scrap the grass and throw the scrapped one away. A bit of chat. Prior to that I gave an hour to the same job. It has been two hours fifteen minutes of work at scrapping the grass.
5. 12 minutes were devoted to give a helping hand at machine where grass for cows was being chopped using a machine.
6. Pasted labels on almirahs. Went to buy couple of t-shirts.
7. Played 7 vocabulary jams on vocabulary.com this morning. Got first rank in all of them. Strangely, neither of PC, Claire G, Stephen or Vishnu Ram showed up today.
8. Would publish a Tohu Verse later.
1. Took me 54 minutes to clean toilet, burn collected pieces of gutka, tobacco, candies and other polythene pouches; sweep street a bit, uproot 8-10 carrot grass plants.
2. Played a few vocabulary jams. Scored first, fourth and second ranks.
3. Waiting for turning in Shivansh to begin.
4. Took a picture of seven sisters with squirrels.
5. The Bundelkhand Marathon organizers need their participants to fill an affidavit form. They didn’t inform about it in advance. They said you could collect your tickets for event beginning at 12:00 PM today but when i reached over there they had just stalled. After asking a volunteer i went there again and they said localites would be given tickets after 4:00 PM as they needed to serve participants from outside first. I have already spent twenty rupees on taxi and might need to spend twenty more to get my ticket.
6. The name is to be used by others. If I observed something and wrote about it in my blog: it is my prerogative. If the person requests to not be named i usually respect that but in most cases they are phony excuses and phony people.
7. It wasn’t a request.
8. A Tohu Verse: