Hi all, I need your help as it is raining outside and so I am in front of my computer pondering things.
I have two blogs. One is called My Life of a 40 Something and the second It Caught my Eye in Portugal is the one I am pondering on.
It has been a while since I set up the theme for my Portuguese one, and I am not sure I like it anymore. However it could be a simple case of it is raining, and I am uncertain if rain effects and theme boredom are good enough reasons to change my theme! What do you think?
If you can spare a few moments to visit It Caught my Eye in Portugal I’d welcome your thoughts. I have listed below the one question I’d love you to answer if you . . . .
- only began blogging in the last 9months – Is there anything about the Portuguese one you’d be tempted to copy? (ie what should I keep?!)
- have a photo blog – Does my home page work for photographs? (what theme do you use?)
- are a travel writer – What makes you follow other travel sites? (does mine even tempt you?!)
- are a seasoned blogger – What it is about my Portuguese one that doesn’t work? (ie what one thing would you definitely change if it was yours?!)
Thanks all. Wishing you a peaceful and happy Sunday and week ahead in this uncertain world
Is it possible to work on two projects (different genres) at the same time? Is it advisable?
One is a WIP – romance. The other is a children’s fiction which I would need to spend time learning and researching about, as I write. #help #discussion #feedback
@piyushavir (sincere condolences for your recent bereavement) @sashay909 Is there a link block on comments for spam prevention? I added two links to a comment on Cathy’s authorstory post but it’s now awaiting moderation…maybe two links is one too many? #help Perhaps if there is a ‘spam rule’ it can be added to FAQs? #idea #FAQs
Has anyone ever done this? I was trying to look up information about this and the advice seems rather confusing. Some people say just copy and paste the text into a new post – others say that’s a very bad thing to do because duplicate content is FROWNED upon. Other people say just change the date on the post – the opposition say it’ll break your permalinks, and it won’t be visible on Reader anyhow! One advice was to use the reblog button but wordpress.com support you should instead make your post a sticky!
What I’m trying to do is to take a post from the time in the very beginning when I existed in a vacuum without followers 🙂 and share it. For what it’s worth the sticky post advice didn’t seem good advice for what I’m trying to do…
Any advice? @neatusername perhaps? You seem to know about such things.
Okay, that may sound a bit over-dramatic but the truth is that while we had a few awesome days filled with extraordinarily rocking stats in April and May, June has been a bit dismal. Continue reading
If any of you people run a bilingual blog, would you mind put your blog addresses here so I can have a look how it’s done? My blog is in English but I’ve got to do a bilingual post and I’m not sure how to do it. As I can see it, the options are:
- one post with the full text in one language first and then the other language below (this seems to involve tedious scrolling through a long post for the second language and which language am I going to do the title?)
- two identical posts in the two languages published at the same time (a bit annoying for followers to receive the same content twice in different languages especially if they can’t read one of them!)
- one post with the text alternating between the languages after each paragraph (wouldn’t that just plain annoy everybody?)
Any advice much gratefully received! 🙂
PS. I ought to add: the original post (in one language only) is already quite long as it’s a book review followed by an interview with the author so that I’m thinking to break it already into two parts or two pages (if I can only figure out how to do it!). And on top of that it needs to be bilingual.
It’s finally my summer vacation and I just published a life lately post here. I also need some tips to ace my job interview tomorrow!!
Love and light,