1. After the completion of Shivansh Compost Process– the in-charge of NGO for cows took us on a brief tour around the building. I took some pictures:
2. On an imaginary road where Jaiminee Atmakarakas walk: Sun and Mars walked hand-in-hand yesterday until Sun took the post of Atmakaraka. In other words: Sun has transitioned faster than Mars in the sign of Capricorn.
3. They’ve about 500 cows here. Cows which can no longer give milk or aging are also sheltered here. It’s, in the words of our tour guide an orphanage for cows.
4. They’ve a roadmap. The cowshed has existed for more than 40 years but the milk production is less than 5 litres! Who would believe? 500 cows and no milk! The cowshed in Gandhi Smarak Nidhi Chhatarpur Madhya Pradesh produces about 15 litres with 48 cows. It might be because of the difference in breeds of cows.
5. The roadmap has a temple, a park, an organic farming garden and a hospital among other things. The organization is sponsored by RSS and BJP as you can see giant pictures of their founders in the office.
6. On 12th of January which is celebrated as National Youth Day here, I passed by this shelter as I was participating in a marathon. I didn’t imagine that I would get to visit it so soon. I hope it develops further to help unprotected animals and even begins to produce more milk which might at least be used to feed children of caretakers who reside here.
Image credit: self, Courtesy: Bundelkhand Gaushala Nowgong Chhatarpur Madhya Pradesh 471001