1. I had a good meal for 10 rupees in Deendayal Rasoi in noon today. The dispensing of food at a rate affordable by people who lack money was created in memory of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya, a social servant. Anyone can have food between 11 AM to 3 PM for five or ten rupees with 4 or 8 rotis and some rice. It was my 12th day over there.
2. I played the Free Rice vocabulary quiz today. For every correct answer you give, the sponsors on that site donate equivalent of 5 grains of rice to World Food Programme which distributes it to The website run by the World Food Programme. United Nations.
3. Food and Agriculture organization (FAO) was found in 1945 by United Nations. ‘World Food Day’ is celebrated on 16th of October.
4. On October 16 th, 2017 World Food Day, Prabhash K. Dutta wrote an article for indiatoday.in which states about 19 crore Indians being hungry.
5. Even in 2020 India ranked 94th on global hunger index.
6. More people worldwide may die of hunger than of Covid 19 this year and next in terms of the number of people dying per year on average.
7. World Food Programme was awarded Nobel prize this year.
8. It means they are working well.
9. Even indian government is working well at various levels to alleviate the hunger.
10. But the efforts aren’t enough. For example: if the advertisement shown and played before news on AIR india are given even 50% time/coverage for saving food or making it available for all the hungry people and malnutritioned kids compared to Covid 19 or what new scheme was launched to win next election: we might save lives. And population control also needs to be put in action.
11. We might have doubts about whether Modi is superior to Gandhi but we can’t contradict facts:
12. In his book Trusteeship, published in 1960 by Navjeevan Trust: M. K. Gandhi writes in chapter 1, on page number 3: taking a stance of Asteya(which means ‘to not steal’)- talks about 3 million or 30 lakh people sleeping hungry.
13. We reached from 30 lakh hungry people in 1950s to 19 crore hungry people in 2017. That’s more than 30 times in 60 years. Or about 18 crore 70 lakh more people sleeping hungry than what it was in 1950. 70 years: Congress and BJP. You see people devoted to winning elections but not devoted enough to control population or to alleviate hunger. Where have we gone wrong? I don’t have a clue. Please enlighten me. I want to save lives: especially my own. Stop selling masks and old ideas packaged as new.